When it comes to your home or business, security and safety are of the utmost importance. Your entry doors are your first line of defence against unwanted intruders, and fire doors provide critical protection in case of a fire. A PAS 24 security fire door set installation can give you peace of mind that your property is safe from both break-ins and fires. However, choosing the right installer is just as important as choosing the right door set. In this blog post, we'll cover how to find an installer for your PAS 24 door set and the questions you should ask them before hiring them to do the work.
Questions you should asked Installer of Fire Door Sets
1. Finding an Installer
To ensure the best installation possible, choose an installer who specializes in fire door sets, particularly PAS 24 security fire door sets. Start by asking for recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. If that doesn't yield any results, search for local installers online and check their reviews. Look for installers who have experience and expertise in installing security fire door sets in both residential and commercial properties.
2. Check Their Credentials
Once you've found an installer, it's important to check their credentials. Make sure they are properly licensed, insured, and certified. Verify that they have the proper training and equipment to install your PAS 24 door set correctly. You can also check their website or social media pages for any accreditations or awards they may have received.
3. Questions to Ask Your Installer
When you meet with an installer, ask them the following questions to ensure they are the right fit for the job:
- What experience do you have in installing PAS 24 security fire door sets?
- What type of materials do you use to install door sets?
- What warranty or guarantees do you offer for your installation work?
- What is the estimated timeline for installation?
- How will you ensure that the installation meets industry standards and regulations?
- Do you have any references or testimonials from previous clients?
4. Get a Written Estimate
Before hiring your installer, make sure to get a written estimate for the installation work. This should include the cost of the PAS 24 door set, installation fees, any additional materials required, and a breakdown of all costs. Ensure that the estimate is clear and concise so that there are no surprises or hidden costs.
5. Follow-UpAfter your PAS 24 security fire door set has been installed, follow up with your installer to ensure that everything is working correctly. Check that the door set closes and latches properly, and that there are no gaps between the door and the frame. Report any issues to the installer as soon as possible.
A PAS 24 security fire door set installation is an important investment for the safety and security of your home or business. Finding the right installer can make all the difference in the door set's effectiveness and longevity. By following the guidelines provided in this blog post, you'll be able to find an installer with the right qualifications and experience, and ensure that your installation is done correctly the first time. Remember to always ask questions, get a written estimate, and follow up after the installation is complete.